The history of the Hang begins with the history of the steelpan in Switzerland. As an important part of this history the PANArt Steelpan-Manufaktur AG was founded by four members of the steelband ‘Berner Ölgesellschaft’ in 1993. Looking back from the year 2003 these excerpts of PANArt’s anniversary publication allow readers to gain an insight into the history of the Hang before the Hang and the early years of the Hang.
For the digital Publication in the Hang Library the following texts were chosen:
- PANArt Chronik 1993 – 2003 (S. 5-16)
- Felix Rohner: Die Suche nach dem Traumblech (S. 21-22)
- Sabina Schärer: Die Rohform (S. 23-24)
- Felix Rohner: PANArts Arbeit am Stimmprozess (S. 25-27)
- Hans Businger: 10 Jahre PANArt – Einblick und Rückblick (S. 31-37)